Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Water City & Noise City (mastering Kanneltalo live)

During the last week I edited the recordings that was made at my Kanneltalo concert on Wednesday November 30th, 2005. There were two compositions that I performed live, Noise City (42', 2005) and Water City (56', 2005).

The last piece, Water City, is my latest composition. It is based mainly on deep and strong sea sounds and feedback. Noise City is based on deep noise textures and feedback. The piece has released on Aureobel.

For the Kanneltalo concert VJs Sakari Luhtala and Sami Laine made videos & visuals. They recorded live video part because the idea was to put all recorded material together after the concert, if the concert is successful, and make a DVD. So that was the reason why I made this masterated version from my performance immediately after the concert.

The raw recording was surprisingly good, so there was no need to make any radical changes. It needed only some equalization, gain changes and little bit of compressor/expander. Sakari got my fixed audio recordings for the DVD on last Friday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home